March 30, 2007

When Bad Posters Strike: September Dawn


The final in the When Bad Posters Strike series for today (they all seemed to pop up at once). For this I do not present a hypothetical conversation between Jon Voight and a black canvas with poor lighting. No. This one is much simpler. I merely present to you...

ON SEPTEMBER 11, 1857,
IN AN UNSPOILED VALLEY
OF THE UTAH TERRITORY --
AND IN THE NAME OF GOD --
120 MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN
WERE SAVAGELY MURDERED.

WHO ORDERED THE MASSACRE,
AND WHY,
HAS BEEN HIDDEN
IN A CLOAK OF SECRECY
AND CONSPIRACY.

AND THE REPUTATION
OF ONE OF THIS NATION'S
MIGHTIEST RELIGIOUS FIGURES
HAS BEEN PRESERVED
AND PROTECTED.

UNTIL NOW.


Missed it? I'm not sure how because it takes up half the god damn poster, but here it is again.

ON SEPTEMBER 11, 1857,
IN AN UNSPOILED VALLEY
OF THE UTAH TERRITORY --
AND IN THE NAME OF GOD --
120 MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN
WERE SAVAGELY MURDERED.

WHO ORDERED THE MASSACRE,
AND WHY,
HAS BEEN HIDDEN
IN A CLOAK OF SECRECY
AND CONSPIRACY.

AND THE REPUTATION
OF ONE OF THIS NATION'S
MIGHTIEST RELIGIOUS FIGURES
HAS BEEN PRESERVED
AND PROTECTED.

UNTIL NOW.


My personal favourite bit is the part about the massacre being cloaked in secrecy. The part about the untouched valley in the Utah Territory was a crackup too. Honestly. They can't be serious. It's still better than "I Shot My Wife... PROVE IT."

3 comments:

Paxton Hernandez said...

This posts have been hilarious! LOL! One of the finest ideas you have brought up!

There goes a HUGE laughter for the day = D

Paxton Hernandez said...

whoopsie.

I meant These posts have been hilarious. My fcking bad!

Glenn Dunks said...

thanks. I've done them before (The Reaping, Deja Vu) but it seemed like yesterday there were just so many.