November 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Jodie!

Today is the 44th birthday of one of my absolute favourites!! Jodie, you big ol' closet-case. I loves ya heaps. Don't let the naysayers get you down - I loved your Madeleine White (aka "magnificent cunt" (sorry for the language, but it was a quote)) with the killer legs in Inside Man. I'm a huge supporter of you blockbuster-type movies Contact (even the ending!) and Panic Room and, clearly, everyone knows how supremely wonderful those Silence of the Lambs and Taxi Driver things worked out.

And then there's Bugsy Malone, The Accused and it was even wonderful seeing you, albeit briefly, in A Very Long Engagement. I even have a deep softspot for Candleshoe, your 1977 teenage slueth movie. I'm sorry I haven't seen Nell, the movie you say you give your best performance in, but it's hard to track down alright?! Oh, and please - just don't make anything as bad as Flightplan again, please. That one physically hurt me. I made this collage of you because if you lived near me I'd probably do the same thing but with pictures of you walking through the neighbourhood!

4 comments:

NATHANIEL R said...

i am so freaked out that we chose the same pic for out posts!

is it because of the beautiful dykeyness of it?

Anonymous said...

you haven't seen Nell?! shocking!!! ;)

it's the kind of performance that easily screams "best" for a career...

Glenn Dunks said...

I know! I saw the picture in google and thought it was perfect for this post.

Cris, tell me about it! DVD releases are screwed up down in my part of the world and movies like Nell aren't just available at every video store. Unfortunate, but true.

Glenn Dunks said...

Oh, and it is pretty dykey, isn't it Nat?