October 8, 2006

"I'm at a place called Vertigo"

It just so happens that I was listening to the U2 tune "Vertigo" on iTunes when I saw the poster to the left for Chris Nolan's duelling Magicians movie The Prestige. A poster that reminded me a lot of Hitchcock's Vertigo. Click it for a better view. There are also new posters for the Christian Bale vehicle Harsh Times (I get a Hustle & Flow vibe here. I think it's the font), Sylvester Stallone's upteenth "come back" Rocky Balboa, and there are new additions to the ever-growing gallery of posters for Pan's Labyrinth. That movie is gonna be a visual smorgasboard, non? I just wish I knew who or what Pan is. And then there is the poster for the new Dixie Chicks documentary, Shut Up and Sing (below), which is a great poster. Can't wait to see that one.

1 comment:

Squish said...

Which is a perfect segway for this little reminder...

As promised here's a friendly reminder that on November 15th, I'll be hosting an Alfred Hitchcock Blog-A-Thon. Glad you're taking part!

http://pasquish.blogspot.com/2006/10/alfred-hitchcock-blog-thon.html