August 23, 2006

Top 5s of Music

The song countdown is over, but I thought I'd do a little epiloge thing. I thought I'd give my top 5 of certain artists because I believe only 2 had five appearances on the countdown.

Madonna
1. "Vogue", OST Dick Tracy: I'm Breathless
2. "Into the Groove", OST Desperately Seeking Susan
3. "Live to Tell", True Blue
4. "Oh, Father", Like a Prayer
5. "Express Yourself", Like a Prayer

Bruce Springsteen
1. "Streets of Philadelphia", OST Philadelphia
2. "I'm On Fire", Born in the U.S.A.
3. "Tunnel of Love", Tunnel of Love
4. "Lonesome Day", The Rising
5. "Dancing in the Dark", Born in the U.S.A.

Björk
1. "Bachelorette", Homogenic
2. "All is Full of Love", Homogenic
3. "New World", OST Dancer in the Dark: Selmasongs
4. "Enjoy", Post
5. "5 Years", Homogenic

Prince
1. "Purple Rain", Purple Rain
2. "Raspberry Beret", Around the World in a Day
3. "Let's Go Crazy", Purple Rain
4. "Little Red Corvett", 1999
5. "Take Me With U", Purple Rain

Kate Bush
1. "Wuthering Heights", The Kick Inside
2. "Top of the City", The Red Shoes
3. "Sunset", Aerial: A Sky of Honey
4. "Babooshka", Never For Ever
5. "Running Up That Hill", Hounds of Love

The Velvet Underground
1. "Venus in Furs", The Velvet Underground & Nico
2. "Heroin", The Velvet Underground & Nico
3. "What Goes On", The Velvet Underground Live 1967
4. "All Tomorrow's Parties", The Velvet Underground & Nico
5. "Rock & Roll", Loaded

New Order
1. "True Faith", Substance 1987
2. "Age of Consent", Power, Corruption, Lies
3. "Ceremony", Substance 1987
4. "Blue Monday", Power Corruption, Lies
5. "Vanishing Point", Technique

Janet Jackson
1. "Love Will Never Do (Without You)", Rhythm Nation 1814
2. "Escapade", Rhythm Nation 1814
3. "Again", Janet and OST Poetic Justice
4. "What Have You Done For Me Lately?", Control
5. "Someday is Tonight", Rhythm Nation 1814

Hole
1. "Boys on the Radio", Celebrity Skin
2. "Miss World", Live Through This
3. "Softer, Softest", Live Through This
4. "Awful", Celebrity Skin
5. "Celebrity Skin", Celebrity Skin

Michael Jackson
1. "Smooth Criminal", Bad
2. "Dirty Diana", Bad
3. "Thriller", Thriller
4. "Remember the Time", Dangerous
5. "Human Nature", Thriller

Aaliyah
1. "Miss You", I Care 4 U
2. "If Your Girl Only Knew", One in a Million
3. "U Got Nerve", Aaliyah
4. "Try Again", OST Romeo Must Die
5. "Are You Feelin' Me?", OST Romeo Must Die

Donna Summer
1. "I Feel Love", I Remember Yesterday
2. "MacArthur Park", Bad Girls
3. "Love to Love You Baby", Love to Love You Baby
4. "This Time I Know It's For Real, Another Time and Place
5. "I Love You", Once Upon a Time...

The Shangri-Las (I have no idea about their albums, it's a big vague)
1. "Remember (Walking in the Sand)"
2. "Leader of the Pack"
3. "Out in the Streets"
4. "The Train From Kansas City"
5. "Give Him a Great Big Kiss"

Blonde/Deborah Harry
1. "I Want That Man" (Harry), Def, Dumb & Blonde
2. "Hangin' on the Telephone" (Blondie), Parallel Lines
3. "Rapture" (Blondie), Autoamerican
4. "Heart of Glass" (Blondie), Parallel Lines
5. "French Kissin' in the U.S.A." (Harry), Rockbird

Kylie Minogue
1. "Put Yourself in My Place", Kylie Minogue
2. "Your Disco Needs You", Light Years
3. "Can't Get Blue Monday Out of my Head", Fever (B-Side)
4. "Hand On Your Heart", Enjoy Yourself
5. "Sweet Music", Body Language

Sugababes
1. "Freak Like Me", Angels with Dirty Faces
2. "Hole in the Head", Three
3. "Colder in the Rain", Three (B-Side)
4. "Maya", Three
5. "Red Dress", Taller in More Ways

Cher
1. "We All Sleep Alone", Cher
2. "I Found Someone", Cher
3. "Just Like Jesse James", Heart of Stone (OMG shut up! it's awesome and you know it!!!)
4. "Save Up All Your Tears", Love Hurts
5. "Walking in Memphis", It's a Man's World

ABBA
1. "Take a Chance on Me", The Album
2. "Dancing Queen", Arrival
3. "Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)", Voulez Vous
4. "Mamma Mia", ABBA
5. "Knowing Me, Knowing You", Arrival

Aretha Franklin
1. "Ain't No Way", Lady Soul
2. "Think", Aretha Now
3. "Respect", I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You
4. "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" (feat. George Michael), Aretha
5. "(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman", Lady Soul

White Stripes
1. "The Nurse", Get Behind me Satan
2. "Seven Nation Army", Elephant
3. "I Think I Smell a Rat", White Blood Cells
4. "In the Cold Cold Night", Elephant
5. "This Protector", White Blood Cells

George Michael
1. "Killer/Papa was a Rolling Stone", Five Live EP
2. "Father Figure", Faith
3. "Freedom 90", Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1
4. "Flawless (Go to the City)", Patience
5. "Praying for Time", Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1

Eurythmics
1. "You Have Placed a Chill in My Heart", Savage
2. "Beethoven (I Love to Listen To)", Savage
3. "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", Sweet Dreams
4. "Right by Your Side", Touch
5. "Sex Crime (1984)", 1984: For the Love of Big Brother

Pet Shop Boys
1. "Flamboyant", Pop/Art
2. "West End Girls", Please
3. "I'm With Stupid", Fundamental
4. "So Hard", Behaviour
5. "What Have I Done to Deserve This?", Actually

and two artists that I was quite surprised didn't show up once on the countdown yet I absolutely love

INXS
1. "Never Tear Us Apart", Kick (I think this was an accident. Why did I forget this song?)
2. "Disappear", X
3. "Baby Don't Cry", Welcome to Whereever You Are
4. "Need You Tonight", Kick
5. "Bitter Tears", X

Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks
1. "Stand Back" (Nicks), The Wild Heart
2. "Everywhere" (Mac), Tango in the Night
3. "Say You Love Me" (Mac), Fleetwood Mac
4. "Ooh My Love" (Nicks), The Other Side of the Mirror
5. "Little Lies" (Mac), Tango in the Night

2 comments:

Ramification said...

Great List, even though my favorite Kate Bush song 'Under The Ivy' doesn't show up in her top 5.

Emma said...

Oh, I've been trying to get into Brucey (the lovely Peter Crouch likes him). I'll have a look for those songs.