August 19, 2006

Thank God it's Clip Friday Saturday

Again, I didn't have time yesterday. So here it is today. What have I been watching on YouTube this week?

Beyonce - "Ring the Alarm"
Fact. I hate Beyonce's current single "Deja Vu" HATE! It's as if she lost every single ounce of talent that she had. It's shrill and annoying. Jay-Z's rap is awful and the video clip? Well, the whole Beyonce dancing around in various places routine is old now and it didn't help that the clothes she was wearing were disgusting! So I was pleasantly surprised to see the clip for Beyonce's new song "Ring the Alarm". Not only is the song pretty damn good - Beyonce is pissed and I like it - the clip is much better too. She becomes Sharon Stone circa Basic Instinct for a while!

Ghostface dancing to Hot Hot Heat!
Some person (I think they call themselves "Panic") dresses up in a Scream Ghostface mask and dances around to Hot Hot Heat! I don't really know what the deal with this person is, but the clip is funny as hell. I've waxed lyrical about Scream before so it was funny slash weird watching this clip. That chick puts up a good effort though, I must say.

Viva Pedro Trailer
I haven't been discussing Pedro Almodovar lately as other people are doing the work for me. Plus, as much as I love the work of Almodovar that I have seen, I am not as versed in the wonders of Pedro that others are. Watching this trailer for the rerelease of 8 major Almodovar movies makes me salivate. I wanna see them. NOW. I am contemplating buying the Pedro Almodovar box sets that are available in the US and UK but not here.

Corona - "Rhythm of the Night"
Man, remember this song? I used to really like it! And the video too. It was always on "Video Hits"! They also had that song "Try Me Out" which I loved. What ever happened to this group? Probably the same as all those eurodance outfits from the mid-nineties. JX. Culture Beat. Twentyfour Seven. etc. OMG going through these old '90s clips is so good. I love them long time.

No comments: