August 21, 2006

"I do okay."


Nick (from Nick's Flicks Picks) is my new hero. He just named Jackie Brown, a personal favourite of mine, as his #41 Movie he loves to love in his Top 100. This movie does not get enough credit. I completely agree with him on everything. Well, mostly.

While Kill Bill, Vol. 1 is my favourite Tarantino film, when you merge the two volumes into a simple Kill Bill, Jackie Brown then takes over as my favourite from QT. Just so sublime and effortlessly cool. That scene in the change rooms with Pam Grier's Jackie changing into a business suit and Jane Fonda's (what ever happened to her?) Melaine "stealing" the money and then having it told from different points of view is just so great. Thank you Nick!

Jackie Brown is indeed the film I would choose to watch over Pulp Fiction, which most people wouldn't agree with. LOVE.

3 comments:

Jason Adams said...

Jackie Brown is my fave QT film over even the two Kill Bill's seperately. I'm honestly not a big fan of Pulp Fiction... I like pieces of it, but as a whole, meh. But Jackie Brown I can and watch over and over again and just think the entire thing is brilliant. Pam Grier deserved an Oscar nom for it!

(psst... Bridgit Fonda, not Jane...)

Glenn Dunks said...

oh, lol. Of course it's Bridgit.

It must be the fact that BRIDGIT HAS DISAPPEARED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. It's as if she was never here to begin with...

Jason Adams said...

She's off rolling around in husband Danny Elfman's mountains of money.