July 12, 2006

Who Will Survive (And What Will Be Left Of Them?)

Because I'm bored, and this film was on my mind. Of all the movies in my personal Top 100, this is the one that is most roundly hated by others. Understandable, I suppose. Considering there are actually so few deaths in this movie, it's still the only movie that I have ever turned to my viewing partner and said "I don't know how much more I can take of this." (and I mean that in a non-bad movie sense, okay) That moment was about two thirds of the way in and there was still plenty of mindfucking chainsaw action left to go. To quote the anonymous cinemagoer on the Special Edition DVD's (really quite supurb) documentary - "I don't know what the fuck I just saw"

Watch the trailer, which is clearly the single greatest movie trailer ever. Odd call, I know, but how can you watch that trailer and not get the heebyjeebies. And for once, it's a horror movie is actually as scary as the trailer.

Whatever, I don't really know what prompted me to start thinking about this.

No comments: