April 4, 2006

Top 25 Musical Sequences, Finale

2. West Side Story, “America!”
3. Sweet Charity, “Big Spender”
4. All That Jazz, “Bye Bye Love (Life)”
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, “Walk Through the Fire”
6. The Wizard of Oz, “Over the Rainbow”
7. Cabaret, “Mein Herr”
8. The Rocky Horror Picture Show, “Sweet Transvestite”
9. Dancer in the Dark, “I’ve Seen It All”
10. Cabaret, “Money, Money”
11. The Little Shop of Horrors, “Suddenly Seymour”
12. Moulin Rouge!, “Elephant Love Medley”
13. All That Jazz, “Take Off With Us/Airotica”
14. The Lion King, “Just can’t Wait to be King”
15. The Wizard of Oz, “We’re off to See the Wizard”
16. Grease, “You’re the One that I Want”
17. The Fabulous Baker Boys, “Makin’ Whoopee”
18. Chicago, “He Had It Comin’”
19. Aladdin, “Never Had a Friend Like Me”
20. Sweet Charity”, “There’s Gotta be Something Better (“I’m Gonna Get Out”)
21. An American in Paris, “I Got Rhythm”
22. Chicago, “When You’re Good To Mama”
23. Dancer in the Dark, “Cvalda”
24. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend”
25. Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, “I’ve Got A Theory”

#----#

NUMBER 1
A scene of pure brutal eroticism and power. A scene with perfect music, choreography, acting and editing. The way the camera swirls around the action is just astounding. When I first saw it I was flabberghasted, and I still get that way today while watching it. I'd go out on a limb and say this was my favourite SCENE ever period, let alone musical one - but that would probably require a bit more thinking. But for now, this is one of the highest points of my cinema going experiences. Beautiful.




Well, that was fun. I'm starting another list in a couple of days, or whenever I feel the desire to start (might be tomorrow). I completely admit to stealing the idea from Mystic. What are you gonna do?

2 comments:

adam k. said...

Yup, that's kinda what I thought...

Love the Come What May sequence, though. It is classic.

Glenn Dunks said...

Bit too fidgety is "Come What May", but it IS still great.