April 30, 2006

How awesome am I?

I just purchased this from eBay. Clearly I rock.



And it was only $35 (inc. postage and insurance) so that is mighty unreal! I can't wait to view the weird and grotesque images that it beholds. After I view this DVD (which includes The Grandmother (which I have already seen), The Alphabet, Lumiere and Company, The Amputee and The Cowboy and the Frenchman but NOT Six Men Getting Sick) my viewing of David's oeuvre will be even closer to completion. They just need to release The Straight Story on DVD, "Rabbits" in any form and his "On The Air" tv series. Oh and, ya know, the second series of a certain television program called "Twin Peaks". I've already seen it but that was on VHS and i'd love to watch it on beautiful DVD. Plus, my friend Hannah loved the first season when I made her stay up all night and watch it and now it's killing her not knowing that Laura Palmer was murdered by... (i'm not that silly). And then I could navigate my way through the movies he's producers, which I haven't seen such as Crumb, Nadja and one I've never heard of before called The Cabinet of Dr Ramirez (the name sounds like a riff on the The Cabinet of Dr Caligari from 1920). He's mentioned to have animated for Does That Hurt You?, another title I'm unfamiliar with but should try to seek out - although it will surely be impossible considering it's a german short animation...

Of course coming up we have Inland Empire coming up - unfortunately, as we all know, it didn't make it on the Cannes list so maybe it won't be a 2006 film?!? So tragic - but that should be great anyway. I'm seeing Hidden on Thursday hopefully and while it has absolutely zero to do with David, it's beginning plot (couple receives mysterious videotapes etc) sounds an awful lot like Lost Highway and I've always wondered what that story idea would turn out like when in the hands of someone else. No Robert Blake I assume. I can't remember whether I've actually seen Six Men Getting Sick? I think I have but...

4 comments:

Javier Aldabalde said...

Oh, I want that DVD!

Glenn Dunks said...

:P

OhMyTrill said...

I heart D Lynch.

But anyways...that DVD is fabulous; and Six Men Getting Sick is worth wacthing once (although it gets a little old after a while). My favorite on the disc is probably The Grandmother, but The Cowboy etc... is truly hilarious!

And Inland Empire needs to be released...I may shrivel and die without a new addition to the Lynch collection.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Latino lingerie models religious online graduate degrees offshore merchant accounts http www.panama offshore Compare discount cell phone batteries Merchant accounts strong i pdas lahaina hawaii pda voice recorder external hard drives Adipex bontril diet meridia online.com phentermine pill internet based merchant account california